We are inundated with e-mails requesting further information, from pre-school projects to Masters Degree's and Doctorates to film companies doing research into the rhino crisis. As we are unable to answer most of these mails - most of our time is taken up by strategic security meetings and fund placement - please find links to selected information sources below.
The Department of Environmental Affairs has compiled The Rhino Guide (35MB download) available by clicking here
Documents by South Africa’s Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA)
DEA National Rhino Strategy
- A national strategy for the safety and security of rhino populations in South Africa by The Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA).
Rhino Issue Management (RIM) Report 2013
- Department of Environmental Affairs.
- A Study of dehorning of African Rhinoceroses as a tool to reduce the risk of poaching - DEA and EWT.
Documents on Illicit Trade
- The South Africa - Viet Nam Rhino Horn Trade Nexus. A TRAFFIC Report by Tom Milliken and Jo Shaw.
Rhino Horn Consumers - Who Are They?
- WWF and TRAFFIC.
Policing the Trafficking of Wildlife
- Is there anything to learn from law enforcement responses to drugs and firearm trafficking. By The Global Initiative Against Transnational Crime.
Poverty, Poaching and Trafficking: What are the Links
Duffy, R.; St John, F.A.V.
Rhino Poaching: How do we respond?
- Duffy, R.; Emslie, R.H.; Knight, M.H.
Convergence - Illicit Networks and National Security in the Age of Globalization
- Edited by Michael Miklancic and Jaqueline Brewer.
The Response to Transnational Organised Environmental Crime – A Research Report 2014
- The Global Initiative Against Transnational Organised Crime.
Rhino Population Information and Rhino Management
An Excerpt of the 2008 Survey of White Rhinoceros on Private Land in South Africa
- An unpublished report compiled by A.J. Hall-Martin, J.G. du Toit, P.M. Hitchins & M.H. Knight for WWF African Rhino Programme (ARP).
SADC Regional Programme for Rhino Conservation
- Guidelines for implementing SADC rhino conservation strategies.
Population and poaching of African rhinos across African range states
Standley, S.; Emslie, R.