StopRhinoPoaching.com launched in July 2010 as an independent web-based platform, dedicated to raising awareness and support for the war against rhino poaching. Although independent, StopRhinoPoaching.com enjoys a close working relationship with many recognised role players, their opinion and experience proving invaluable when establishing projects and allocating funds.
Support for rhino in Provincial and certain Private Reserves is a primary objective and as such, the majority of our resources are channelled in this direction. Please click here to view our achievements in this regard.
Please take note that StopRhinoPoaching.com is ISSUE-NEUTRAL when it comes to the proposed trade in rhino horn. Our focus is on rhino SECURITY.
StopRhinoPoaching.com is totally committed to helping protect and conserve rhinos in South Africa.
We actively pursue this mission in the following ways:
· By seeking out, identifying, initiating and coordinating supportive projects for the safety of larger rhino populations.
· By supporting, wherever possible, existing rhino protection projects which fulfil our necessary qualifying criteria.
· By drawing on the input and guidance of respected rhino specialists and colleagues, while at all times working within the guidelines of the National Needs Analysis.
· By pursuing opportunities, encouraging like-minded sponsoring partnerships and broadening our areas of impact for the greater good of South Africa’s rhinos.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF OUR WEBSITE:
- To encourage continued public awareness and support for rhino in South Africa.
- To convey current, factual content with regard to rhino poaching. The Home Page will reflect the latest available poaching figure and the tic-a-tape utilized to communicate fresh developments as they are released.
- To act as an online reporting system for rhino poaching-related activities. Intelligence and tip-off emails are routed directly to the SAPS Endangered Species Desk via the online form.
- To offer an online communications platform to all credible stakeholders, available via secure login to all rhino owners in South Africa. The Rhino Owners Login page contains important documentation specific to rhino owners.
- To act as an online information gathering system that supplements existing databases. Online forms include a helicopter registration for pilots / aircraft owners and a poaching incident submission form for rhino owners.
- To rally financial backing from both corporate and private donors, the proceeds of which will be put towards rhino protection in South Africa, with special focus on protecting rhinos in Provincial and cetain Private Reserves. The Home Page will display the latest total amount donated to StopRhinoPoaching.com, and in the interests of transparency, all funding allocations will be available to view on the website. For security reasons the reserve name or benefactors names may sometimes be withheld.
The use of our name and logo may not be used without prior consent.
Awards in 2012
Awards in 2013
StopRhinoPoaching.com works within the Nationally Identified Needs Analysis, drawn up by PROA in conjunction with the NWCRU.